Thursday, January 27, 2011

fab find: joyababy

We have a lot of new babies coming in to our life recently. Many friends and family members are expecting and I've been on the hunt for the perfect 'welcome to the world' gift for each one. I'm one of those people that enjoys buying 'off registry' and hunting for something I think the parents to be will simply {love}.

In the same boat? Let me introduce you to joyababy. Joya Mukerjee Logue is a Chicago-based eco-conscious designer with fashionable, on-the-go moms and babies in mind. The staples of her collection? A diaper clutch, luxe blanket and reversible travel bib. In the sometimes indulgent baby product market where some are trying to convince newbie parents that wipe warmers are critical, Joya has designed three beautiful, functional - - and necessary - - pieces of (cool) parenting gear. I'm a huge fan of the elephant detail.

It's not just Joya's designs that nabbed my attention - - but her business philosophy. Joyababy is a company dedicated to giving back. In her own words: “Every time I step foot onto the soil of India, I am reminded of the beauty and richness of the culture to which I am a part, and at the same time, the severe poverty that exists," writes Joya on the joyababy website. "It is because of this feeling and need, that joyababy will continue on a path of philanthropy."

Ironically, you can't buy her products from any retailer in our area but you can buy them online. {{We should remedy this}}

Plus, you have to love mom that can balance work, play and mommyhood with class. Check out Joya's office. Grown up with a sense of fun. Functional meets mompreneur. Gorgeous.

I think my office needs a facelift.

PS: If you like Joya's designs, you'll LOVE her blog.

Images courtesy of joyababy

0 comments: