Wednesday, November 9, 2011

talking turkey: six toddler crafts to try

With Thanksgiving a few weeks away, we're thinking turkeys in our house. And the Bug's new penchant for glue, glitter and markers -- well, we're thinking crafts, too.

I have a feeling your mini-me probably loves crafts, too?

So I started searching the web for some turkeyriffic ideas. Turns out, there are quite a few crafts out there perfect for pint sizers. Here's a round up of some of my favs.

Colorful, sensory-based fun that doesn't require you to run to a local craft store for special adhesive. I guarantee you have all of these items laying around the house.

Talking Hand Print Turkeys with Grass from Floortje tekent. Although you might not be able to read the language on the blog, the tutorial is pretty self explanatory.

Leaf Feather Turkeys from Makes and Takes. You may not have feathers lying around, but I bet you might be able to take a walk to nab some leaves.


Thankful Turkey Craft from Crafts for All Seasons. A great way to incorporate the idea of gratitude into your arts and crafts experience!

Sensory Hand Print Food Turkey from The Idea Room. Might be able to incorporate counting into this one, too!

Turkey Pasta Craft & Book found on Pinterest. This might be a fun tradition to start every year... a quick little book about what everyone in your family is thankful for. That's an art project I can see saving...

Pine Cone Turkey Craft from Amazing Moms. Might be a cute idea for table place cards at Thanksgiving? And a great way to use up leftover tissue paper, too!

Another take on a Hand Print Turkey and I LOVE this one! Such a cute idea from Meet the Dubiens. I can see the Bug really getting into this one.

Want even more craft ideas? I collect them -- and other random things that interest me -- on Pinterest. Feel free to follow me! {Because then I get to be inspired by your pins, too!}

0 comments: