Tuesday, October 18, 2011

halloween costume inspiration board

When I was pregnant with the Bug, I had all of these daydreams about being the "perfect" mom. You know those daydreams -- the one where you get to be June Cleaver, Martha Stewart, Jennifer Garner and Sandra Day O'Connor all wrapped in one fun, "cool" mom. One such fantasy included making sure she had an amazing Halloween costume every year.  With the added illusion that I would make the costume.

Then reality set in. I don't sew.

{Insert eerie 'boohaaahaaa'  laughter -- it is Halloween after all}

Not to mention, my definition of 'perfect' has radically shifted. I'm just now thinking about Halloween costumes and it's how many days away?

With that in mind, here are a few fantabulous costume ideas I've found searching around the web. No mad sewing skills required. Pressure cooker deadline junkies perfectly ok.


  1. Paper Doll Costume from Classic Play { --> this is to die for! And Jen from Classic Play cooked this idea up way before Disney featured it this year. She's incredibly talented. If you're not following her blog, you should be! She's local, too!}
  2. Audrey Hepburn Costume found on Pinterest
  3. Mad Scientist from Parents.com  
  4. Lobster Pot from Curbly.com
  5. Hot Air Balloon from Country Living
  6. Pig in a Blanket from Real Simple {I love this. It might be the winner. Except Pat was watching the pundits on Sunday morning with the Bug and she thinks she wants to be Sarah Palin for Halloween. Keeps looking at me, winking with the shot gun finger and saying "You Betcha." But that friends, is a whole 'nother blog post.}

PS: New definition of "perfect mom"? Whatever you need to be at the moment you need to be it, as long as you're true to yourself and don't beat yourself up over it afterward.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Ahh! These are TOO CUTE.I especially love Ellie's cardboard dress and the hot air balloons...