One of Charm City's favorite totspots, aMuse has selected 5 area non-profits that work to better the lives of children and families right here, in our community. Customers and facebook fans can vote for their favorite charities now through November 6th on aMuse Toys' facebook page.
"At aMuse we are all about shopping locally as much as possible. Neighborhood Toy Store Day is a great event that highlights independent toy stores in cities and towns across the country," said Tom Towles, who owns aMuse Toys with his wife Claudia. "Not only does this help raise awareness of the economic importance of buying locally, in our case it also means we can raise money for a worthwhile Baltimore organization."
What worthwhile organizations are in the running to receive proceeds? We think aMuse staff picked some top-notch ones:
- Blue Water Baltimore: Working towards clean water in Baltimore’s rivers, streams, and harbor for the health and enjoyment of Baltimore City residents and visitors.
- House of Ruth: Prevention, intervention and advocacy for victims of domestic abuse.
- Baltimore Child Abuse Center: The mission of Baltimore Child Abuse Center is to provide all reported victims of child sexual abuse in Baltimore and their non-offending caretakers with the help they need to overcome and prevent future abuses.
- Downtown Baltimore Family Alliance: DBFA works to cultivate community by connecting families with one another and with the resources to take full advantage of life in downtown Baltimore.
- Casey Cares Foundation: The Casey Cares Foundation understands that although we can't cure heart-wrenching illnesses afflicting children, we can support the families in compassionate and creative ways.